Saturday, August 07, 2010

At Last by Etta James

Just finished watching Medium Season 6...
Seeing Mr. & Mrs. Lee Scanlon dance along with this song "At Last", it's so ramantic!
And I decided to find out who the original singer is and some videos.

The original singer is Etta James, born in 1938, won 4 Grammys and 17 Blues Music Awards. What a record and incredible achivement she got.

I get goosebumps whenever I hear this song "At Last"!
This version is sung by Beyoncé.


At Last by Etta James

At last, my love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song
Oh, yeah

At last, the skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clovers
The night I looked at you

I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known
Oh, yeah

When you smile, you smile
Oh, and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine at last

This version is sung by 劉明湘 (No wonder she looks a bit familiar!)
She's really got a great voice!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

歡迎文章相關的留言喔~
Feel free to leave a message to me if you got any ideas regarding the topic I wrote about...if you just want to leave a general message, there is a guestbook at the left-side bar, please leave it there! :D
*If you don't have Blogger ID, you can choose [Name/URL] at the "comment as:" to leave a message to me...