Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Being Fabulous

Recently, 2 or 3 TV series are interesting to watch... And I saw several episodes to see how the stories will go, and it's been a long time to talk about strong, independent & beautiful business women since "Sex and The City".

Here, let me just say the shows' names, one is called "Cashmere Mafia" on ABC, and the other is called "Lipstick Jungle" on NBC. Both of these shows are talking about a group of women, they know each other for a long time, they're the best friends, and they all have great business achievement, but somehow they couldn't get everything in control in their lives. What could've gone wrong?! Probably their marriage, their husbands in an affair or passion seems not there, or the kids......there are just a lot of things. Being a woman isn't easy, and being a business woman is not just adding a word at front.

When I saw the very fist episode from "Lipstick Jungle", you just came up with scenes in "Lost"...cuz it pictures women in the business world like people learn how to survive in the wild jungle. But afterwards the story directly tells you what these roles are. First I kinda feel it doesn't attract me as I've thought it would be, but every show has its own chance, so after 2 or 3 episodes, I feel good about it (especially some scenes, girls would kill for it, love Joe Bennett! Ha~)
And "Cashmere Mafia", I must say, people who think of these show names are awesome! How come they come up with such great names. How delicate we women are and we also can be tough like mafia. And this one, I'm still working on it, so not much commet. But, Lucy Liu in this show doesn't look as gorgeous as the other actressess.

These two shows really inspire me. Although I have thought about being this kind of woman a long time ago, but the shows bring those inspiration back to me. Sometimes I picture myself, as I mentioned earlier, as a strong, smart, independent and beautiful business woman. One can be strong enough to deal things efficiently and effectively (I know we can't deal everything perfectly). And one can stand on her own, not to lean on her husband or boyfriend. But sometimes one can be like a kitten for intimacy.

That's what I'm hoping to become...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

歡迎文章相關的留言喔~
Feel free to leave a message to me if you got any ideas regarding the topic I wrote about...if you just want to leave a general message, there is a guestbook at the left-side bar, please leave it there! :D
*If you don't have Blogger ID, you can choose [Name/URL] at the "comment as:" to leave a message to me...